Posted November 14, 2019
At Habitat for Humanity of the Roaring Fork Valley, we are grateful and appreciate our volunteers. Individuals and groups who donate their time and energy to our community are the backbone of our organization. Volunteer opportunities exist at build sites, such as Basalt Vista, and the ReStore. Here are 7 reasons why you should consider volunteering this year:
- Giving back to the community feels good. You’ll get to work alongside the family that will one day live in the house you are building.
- It’s fun! Our projects are hands-on. You’ll be able to see and experience progress every step along the way.
- We provide the tools and safety equipment. All you need to do is show up. Closed-toed shoes and clothes that can get dirty are recommended. Also, bring a lunch, a water bottle, and a snack or treat for the crew.
- Our projects are well organized. As a result, your time will go a long way. Our professional construction team is trained to teach you any skills you’ll need for a successful day.
- It’s a great team-building event! Groups of co-workers, families, and more gather together to volunteer with Habitat for Humanity and have a great and successful time
- You’ll make a difference in the lives of others, sure, but better yet, you’ll make a difference in your community.
- Make new friends. Getting out in the community is a great way to socialize and grow your network.
We will be building throughout the winter, with 11 new families to house at Basalt Vista during Phase II, and have many indoor projects you can help with, too… Including volunteering in our ReStore! The opportunities at the ReStore include receiving and documenting donations, sprucing up donated furniture for the showroom floor, tidying up our new, energy-efficient ReStore, and much much more. ReStore Volunteering is a great way to give back to the community, whether you are seeking community service hours or want to learn a new skill, looking for a way to build camaraderie with your co-workers or are taking your first steps towards work, at Habitat for Humanity,
Learn more about volunteering with Habitat for Humanity Roaring Fork Valley.